Collection and Use of Personal Information
Our activity-sharing system generates, collects, and maintains several types of information about user activity, including but not limited to:
- Signal data received by our sensors (e.g., tablets or phones running Atlas5D software). Signal data that could provide a visual depiction of a user are not transmitted further by the sensors – including to our own facilities – unless you explicitly request that we enable such transmission to specific recipients under specific circumstances (e.g., when an emergency is suspected). By default, we prevent transmission or storage of any visual data, to any machine or location (including our own), other than where the sensor is physically placed. We do not maintain access to any visual data, and we do not store any visual data on our websites or databases. Non-visual data, such as the coordinates of your location in a room, may be recorded and stored on our websites and databases; shared with other people whom you specify, such as Caregivers; and used to generate alerts.
- Events inferred from the raw signal data. For example, your presence in a room (but not your visual appearance), and whether you are sitting or standing, are examples of events. Records of these events are transmitted from the sensors, and we maintain these records on our websites and databases.
- Metrics inferred from the raw signal data. For example, calculations of your movement and how it changes over time, are examples of metrics. Records of these metrics are generated by our systems, and we maintain these records on our websites and databases.
- Alerts, such as text messages or emails that are triggered by specific user-defined criteria or system-learned criteria. We maintain records of these alerts on our websites and databases, including when alerts were transmitted, and the contents and recipients of the alerts.
- Data access, such as the time, login name, and IP address of user accesses. We use this information to improve security, including audit trails. We maintain records of logins to our system, and of other accesses or access attempts, on our websites and databases.
We collect Personal Information whenever you order a product or service, make changes to your account, download or use our services or apps, register for an online account, participate in an online training class, subscribe to a newsletter, request information, or participate in a survey, sweepstakes or contest. If you use our apps or website, we may also collect information about your mobile device.
The purposes of collecting and storing Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- Providing you and your associated users/caregivers with our services;
- Creating personal profiles;
- Enabling viewing of protected or personalized information;
- Helping improve Atlas5D products and services;
- Creating a better user experience around you;
- Providing feedback and support on the use of Atlas5D products and services;
- Measuring and analyzing our visitor traffic and service and app usage.
We may share your Personal Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Atlas5D in the following circumstances in accordance with applicable law:
- With your consent: We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Atlas5D when we have your consent to do so.
- To vendors and service providers who help provide our services: We provide Personal Information to trusted businesses or persons to help provide our services to you. For example, we use third parties to host our websites and apps, to track and analyze visitor traffic, process and store Personal Information, send communications on our behalf such as email newsletters, process credit card payments and billing information, ship equipment, and for other purposes based on our instructions. We provide these third parties with Personal Information as necessary to enable them to provide these services.
- For legal reasons: We may share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Atlas5D if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
- Enforce our Services Agreement or other contract or requirement of our services, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Atlas5D, our visitors, users or employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like manufacturers, licensees, advertisers, research organizations, or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our websites, products, services and apps. We may use information publicly or privately for healthcare research, or for other types of research. We reserve the right to use aggregated, non-personally identifiable information and to share such information with third parties for any and all legal purposes.
Like many other Web sites and services, Atlas5D makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting service’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track a user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from using specific features on our websites and services, such as ordering products or services and maintaining an online account.
Our Advertising Partners
Third Party Privacy Policies
In order to use the Atlas5D service, a user must first provide registration information. During registration a user is required to give certain information (e.g., name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest, and to improve our products and services.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (e.g., name and mailing address) and financial information (e.g., credit card number, expiration date). Your financial information is collected and processed by our partner, Braintree Payment Solutions, a division of PayPal. Atlas5D, Inc. does not receive or keep your financial information.
This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use your contact information to reach you.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (e.g. zip code, gender, age group). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes, if any. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our products and services.
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in, and guide their online activity. Atlas5D does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that Atlas5D has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (email@example.com) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardians(s) before making purchases, including subscriptions, on our websites or within our services or apps.
When we process Personal Information in the United States, we follow United States data protection and privacy regulations, which may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union. If you are using our websites, services, or apps from a country other than the United States (where our servers are currently located), various communications will necessarily result in a transfer of information across international boundaries. Accordingly, by using our websites, services, or apps, you consent to the transfer, storage and use of your data to and in the United States.